Friday, 9 November 2018 from 6-8pm
State Library Victoria
Public housing is under attack!
In the middle of an affordable housing crisis, the state Labor government is trying to sell off inner city public housing land to developers. Right now, it’s relocating thousands of public tenants across 11 estates to make way for the developers’ wrecking ball.
Thousands of new homes will be built on the estates but the vast majority of these will be privately owned. The developers stand to make big profits by cashing in on land that should be used for public housing.
Community opposition to these plans has been growing since they were announced. Now, in the lead up to the state election join us to pressure the government to abandon its disastrous privatisation plan.
Public Housing Defence Network is demanding:
– No to the sell off of public housing land
– Don’t let developers destroy existing communities
– Drastically increase Victoria public housing
– Stop the privatisation of public housing
– Steven Jolly (Victorian Socialists)
– Samantha Ratnam (Victorian Greens Leader)
– Joe Toscano (Defend and Extend Public Housing)
– Spike (Homeless Person’s Union)
– Public tenants (TBA)
For more information or to endorse the rally send Public Housing Defence Network a message on Facebook, or call Steph at 0426 501 398 or Jacob at 0458 9583 85.